Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Trying for a 10k

I haven't even competed in my first triathlon yet and I've already picked out my next fitness challenge. I'm entering the Tufts Health Plan 10K for Women in Boston on Monday, October 12. I feel like I'm really starting to get into the whole running thing. I've gotten a lot faster since I've started losing weight and I noticed on my last run how much easier I breathe now. I never thought about it before, but I was kind of huffing and puffing my way through my runs.

Patrick and I really love heading into Boston and we're going to be home from school for the weekend of the run. I told him that if he came with me, we'd go out to dinner in Boston. I'll probably negate all the running I did with the meal that will follow, but I kind of don't care! Really, I don't have to bribe him to come with me. He's so great about coming to all my races and cheering my on. He even comes to the finish line with a bottle of water in hand, which is always a welcome sight.

Who knows, maybe if this race goes well, I'll get really ambitious and train for a half-marathon. Although those scare me a little because I hear that people lose toenails running those things and I happen to like my toenails just the way they are!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to do that Tufts health plan run too- I'm going to try if my knee gets better!

    ReplyDelete