Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rock Your Socks 10K Race Recap

Ok, so Tonia over at Racing With Babes hosted a virtual 10K and half-marathon this weekend.  I figured, what the heck, why not?  It was a great excuse to get in some more miles.  However, this turned out to be a giant FAIL for a couple of reasons.  I'll share those before I get to the stats.

1)  I don't have any pictures to share.  Sorry.  My photographer is currently out of the house and I'm too lazy to take pictures of myself.  You'll just have to use your imagination to envision my sweaty goodness.
2)  I forgot my sunglasses in the house.  I had a hat, but I always run with sunglasses.  Mostly so no one can see the anguished look on my face while I'm out there torturing myself running.
3)  Last night I mapped out a loop and it was exactly 6.2 miles. Perfect.  Yeah, well, except for the part where I forgot that I needed to turn into a neighborhood to get the mileage in.  When I got home and looked at my watch, I just knew I didn't get the full 10K in.  Hopefully Tonia will forgive me and still enter me to win a prize because at least I tried, right???
4)  We were supposed to rock our socks in honor of Tonia's fabulous sock collection.  Well, the only socks I rocked were my Drymax socks (which I LOVE!!) that I wear on every run.  It was way too hot to wear socks that go up to my knee and have patterns on them.

So here's how it panned out:
Miles:  5.53miles
Time: 1:03/53 min
Pace: 11:33 min/mi

I will say that I am very satisfied with my performance.  Throughout the run I took walking breaks that added up to 10 minutes total.  I knew I needed to do this if I wanted to finish because I haven't run this far since January.  So my overall pace turned out to be pretty good considering I walked as much as I did.  I'm really hoping to get a Garmin soon (I may or may not have asked for one as a wedding present from Patrick) so I can actually know what my running pace was.  Anyway, so that's my major fail of a 10K.  Oh well.  Off to fun weekend activities!  Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend too!

2 comments:

  1. I ran a 10k too today!! I am really liking the distance.. something I could get used to! Good job on your run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. I have a Garmin Forerunner 60 with foot pod... not as expensive as the others and works great!

    ReplyDelete