Thursday, August 5, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1. I won't leave you in suspense: my pro pics came in yesterday!!! I am so excited. My biggest fear with my wedding was that I wouldn't like my pictures, but I love them! There are so many great shots and some awesome candids. Now that I've got all those, I'm going to get a recap up. I only wanted you to have the very best. :-) I won't torture you too much and I'll share a couple of my favorites here:
My mom and I:
The whole bridal party:
With my girls:
And my favs of Patrick and I:
And, last but not least, my absolute favorite:

2.  I finally got my haircut.  I grew my hair out for the wedding, even though I knew I was going to wear it up.  So I guess I could have kept it shorter, but I'm glad I didn't.  It looked really nice for the wedding and now it is all gone!  I feel about 10 pounds lighter.  Here's a before pic (not the greatest, but I picked it to demonstrate the length of my hair):
And here I am fresh from the salon.  I really love it like this.  However, I'm a bit too lazy to do this all the time.
So here's how it looks most of the time.  My hair is naturally curly and I just assume let it do its thing.  Besides, I think this look is cute too.

2.  Did I show you the best wedding gift ever?  It's from my wonderful new husband.  Check it out:
I am soooo excited to have a Garmin.  I'm tempted to wear it everywhere, but I've been limiting myself to workouts only.  Having it definitely motivates me to get back into my exercise routine (and I need all the help I can get right now!).  Patrick got a new bike and we're dog-sitting this week in a neighborhood that is right next to a bike trail so we've been doing that.  Last night we went out after dinner when it was cooler and the trail was shadier.  It was a great ride and I'm loving having stats that are accurate.  I'm a number cruncher, so this thing is addicting.  Once I get back into a regular workout routine, I'm really hoping that the Garmin will help me have more productive and higher quality workouts.

Life is good!  :-)

Note:  All the wedding photos were taken by Amanda Perkins Photography.

5 comments:

  1. Great pictures I really love that one of you two kissing in front of the entryway. Your new do is super cute and yay for new running toys enjoy your new garmin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE the window picture. so romantic and cute :)

    and your hair! i love it, so summerry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hair!! And the pictures are so nice! LOVE your favorite picture its super cute and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww the pictures came out beautiful! I love your favorite one too that is such a good one! Your haircut looks so cute too. I think my whole bridal party cut their hair after my wedding, I was like- I didn't tell you to keep it long haha

    Yay for the Garmin, I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the window photo is just lovely....so now that you have your Garmin, what are you going to name it???! : )

    ReplyDelete