Thursday, April 7, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1.  Probably the most exciting news is that I literally just sent copies of my thesis to my committee.  Hence why I have been absent from blog land.  I defend a week from tomorrow.  Puke.  I can't believe that this phase of my life is coming to a close so fast.  It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time.

2.  It was nice enough today that I broke out my trusty steed and went for a ride.  It was so refreshing not to be couped up in the gym biking to nowhere.  It was sunny and gorgeous and just what I needed.  It was the perfect break from the thesis work.  I think this is the earliest I've ever been out in the season because my bike usually stays in NH.  This year it's here in ME with me because I have a place to put it.  This weekend is supposed to be even warmer and I'm looking forward to getting in a run and a bike.  Glorious!

3.  As of Monday, Patrick and I are apart for a month while he works and I stay in ME to finish school.  It's been a real bummer, but I'm trying to make the best of the situation.  I'm using the 5 weeks to focus on exercising and eating healthy.  So far, so good!  I've done a great job staying on track with my eating despite the stress.  I'm kind of looking forward to my weigh-in on Saturday.  It really helps that the only food I eat is what I bring home from the grocery store.  There's nothing in the apartment to tempt me.

How's everyone else doing?

1 comment:

  1. 5 weeks is a real bummer but you are very smart to use it as a healthy eating and exercising time :) Plus think of how awesome it will be in 5 weeks!

    ReplyDelete