Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New, New, New!

As I hinted, there have been lots of changes going on around here.  I feel like now I can share some of them with you.

In the world of exercise in fitness, I had my bike tuned up (that was probably waaaaay overdue).  I also got a new helmet and new cycling jersey.  Check it out:

We also got a new car!  We survived the past year with just one car.  It really was great in terms of saving money on gas and insurance and because I was going to school close to home and Patrick was working close to home, sharing the car wasn't an issue.  However, it was time for a second vehicle.  This is our brand new Mazda 3.  We are totally in love with this car (especially the color, notice a trend?):

The real reason we needed the second car is because I got a big-girl job.  Hooray!  It's at an environmental lab in Massachusetts.  I have to commute about 45 minutes and I'm working second shift.  That would have made sharing one car a little more difficult.  Poor Patrick would be stuck at home a lot.  I worked my first full week at my new job last week.  Unfortunately the hours have been long and things may be changing again soon.  We shall see.  In the meantime, it's nice to have a job that pays more and has benefits.  I can't wait until the 4th of July - it will be my first paid holiday!

What's new in your world?  Fill me in!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you got a job :) AND a new car. I need to get a bike tune up too, thanks for reminding me haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice biking swag and I love the new car. Mazdas are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the new helmet and shirt...and the NEW CAR! And congrats on new job...can't wait to hear more about it :)

    ReplyDelete