Monday, August 29, 2011

First Days of School

When I was growing up, going back to school always signalled the end of summer.  And here I find myself, yet again, going back to school.  Although this time from a slightly different perspective.  Today the teachers reported for duty (although this was not the first time I've been in - one of the reasons I haven't been blogging!).  It was a whirlwind and I know it's only going to get worse.  Maybe if I stop neglecting my blog, I'll stay sane.

Tomorrow is freshman orientation and I am so excited to meet all my students.  I'm also secretly excited to wear my new school outfit and use copious amounts of school supplies.  Maybe I'll even have my mom take one of those first day of school pictures.  :-)

So, happy end to the summer everyone!  And welcome to the fall.  One of the best running seasons of the year.

4 comments:

  1. I'm always sad to see summer go, although I love fall and you're right: it's an excellent running season!
    Happy back to school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im so so so so ready for fall here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy first day of school :) Somehow I think it was more exciting when I was a kid than I am now as a teacher haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. hope the school year is going very well :) Exciting!!

    I'm SO ready for fall and the running weather that it brings!!!

    ReplyDelete