Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Voo-Doo Doctor

I was having some back trouble lately in my mid-back. It was especially aggravated by all the working out I do, but if I just completely "rested" it as the first doctor said, I would've gained, like, ten pounds by now. So, I've been taking it easy and I took the first doctor's referral to see a DO (doctor of osteopathics). I was a little confused about what a DO was and what exactly he did, but I had my first appointment the other. He is basically an M.D. that also does chiropractor-y things as well. I have been feeling better these past couple days since he cracked my back. It's kind of nice not to have to dope up on ibuprofen to make it through a work out. I call him my voo-doo doctor though because he also does this stuff where he holds my ankles and "listens to what my body is saying". I'm not sure how much I buy into that part of it, but hey, if it works, it works. At this point I'm willing to give it a try as no other doctor has offered a better solution than to take Advil and not work out. Although, apparently this guy is pretty popular and I can't get another appointment with him for over a month. Let's hope this first adjustment lasts that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment