- What did you say? - Clearly, since the ring is on my finger, I said yes. Generally, I think people who ask this question are actually wanting to know how he asked, which is a perfectly legitimate question. Wording is everything.
- Is it real? - Um, yes, but that really doesn't matter. It could have been a twist tie and I probably still would have said yes.
- How much did it cost? - Wow, that's really nobody's business but his. Some people...
- How did he pay for it? - He worked really hard and saved a lot, which meant he made some sacrifices. Again, it's really his business and it's what he wanted to do.
- How old are you? - Old enough. We're mature adults who can make our own decisions, thank you very much.
- Are you sure this is what you want? - Yes, I would never commit to someone on this level if I didn't really mean it.
- Can I try it on? - Absolutely not, but you can look at it all you want. I think that's supposed to be bad karma anyway.
- I better be invited. - You are so off the guest list now. You never invite yourself, that's just rude.
- I need to compare. - Yes, someone had to actually compare their engagement ring to mine. Necessary? I think not. In the end, it doesn't matter!
Anyway, hope those were entertaining. I must say, I find some people rather brave in their commentary.