Monday, December 14, 2009

STRESS!!

Overall, this has been one of the busiest semesters I've ever had.  So really, the end of the semester workload has not been bad.  My first final is tomorrow morning and then I have two on Wednesday and I'm done!  I haven't been cramming so much as I'm just reviewing the material, which is nice.  I do want to do well on all my exams so I've been putting in a little extra effort.

What is really stressing me out is everything else that is going on in life.  For example, my department is talking about canceling a class next year that I need to take to graduate.  If this class doesn't run, I will be here at least another semester.  That was NOT in the plan at all.  I'm going to meet with the chair of my department and beg discuss the options.  The two worst things about this is that 1)she sent the email last Thursday, right before final (because I need this aggravation now!) and 2)a bunch of people are taking it next semester with out fulfilling one of the prerequisites so there would be no one to take it with me next year.  I can't take it next semester because I'm still missing another one of the prerequisites.  That leaves me all by my lonesome.  I can understand why they may choose to cancel the class because there is only me, but it doesn't make it suck any less.

So needless to say, I've been super stressed.  This whole thing has been totally preoccupying my mind.  We went to a Christmas party on Saturday and it was hard to have a good time because I kept thinking about it.  I've always said that I will finish my program in four years.  Now that may not happen.  And on top of that, Patrick is already taking a year off before grad school to stay with me here in Maine and to get some teaching experience.  I know he doesn't want to stay longer than that.

I have a meeting at one today, so I will hopefully get some answers.  I'll keep you posted.  I hope everyone has a stress free Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment