Sunday, January 31, 2010

Catching Up

Today was the last day of my fourth week of half-marathon training!  I'm a third of the way done already.  The race is going to be here quickly and things are going to get harder really quick.  The miles are starting to increase more and more. 

On Friday, I totally rocked the treadmill and did a 3.5 mile interval run.  I did a faster time with more walking that I had done on Wednesday when I went outside and just ran the whole thing.  If anyone is interested here's the workout I did:

Treadmill Intverval Workout #2
1 min   4.0 mph
8 min   5.6 mph
1 min   4.0 mph
7 min   5.8 mph
1 min   4.0 mph
6 min   6.0 mph
1 min   4.0 mph
5 min   6.2 mph
2 min   4.0 mph
4 min   6.4 mph

This workout could easily modified to any ability.  The intervals definitely help keep me interested in what I'm doing and makes the time go by much faster.

I'm trying to remain positive, but I'm starting to get really nervous.  My running partner and I braved the cold this morning for our 5 mile run.  The bitter cold has finally set in here in Maine, as has the wind.  So I was really proud that we got out there and didn't resort to the treadmill.  But I felt so wimpy today.  I just wanted to walk, even when we had just taken a walk break.  The last mile was awful.  We completely stopped talking and I was just trying to push.  I was so glad when it was over.  However, once I finished and started walking to cool down, I was having some serious tightness right at the spot where my right leg meets the rest of my body (i.e. the groin area).  I'm sorry if that was TMI.  I have to do some research to figure out what it might be and if it's serious or not.  I don't want to sustain an injury or run when I should be resting.  Any suggestions or ideas as to what it could be?

Anyway, we've had a fun and relaxing weekend.  Patrick and I spent time running errands, eating out, and seeing The Book of Eli (not as good as we hoped).  Now we're just winding down and getting ready for our week.  Stay tuned for a giveaway that I'll announce tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. yeah I give the book of eli two thumbs down. SO boring.

    maybe you just need to stretch more in that area?!

    your interval running is amazing! cant believe you just kept upping the speed!

    ill be sure to get you that shirt!

    ReplyDelete