Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Journey Back Home

I am happy to report that I am back in Maine and preparing for the upcoming semester (by lounging around and doing nothing, of course!).  I actually got back yesterday.  My mom drove me to Freeport to meet Patrick and he brought me the rest of the way.  We had lunch in Freeport at a nice little place called Azure Cafe.  The food was yummy and I was surprised to find that their portion sizes were appropriate.  I was bad and ordered fettuccine alfredo, but it was really only about a cup's worth of pasta so I didn't feel so guilty.  It also came with a salad, so I got some veggies in too.  My camera was packed so I had to take a picture from their website.  Because we all know that this place did not look this pretty in January!

When Patrick and I got back up here we went grocery shopping.  I was so impressed by how many fruits and veggies we bought in comparison to the rest of the food.  We're going to have a healthy week.  Go us!  One of the few things that was not a fruit or a veggie was our ice cream.  I'm slightly addicted to sweets and I love a little something sweet before I go to bed.

Enter Edy's Slow Churned ice cream.  I love this stuff!  For a half a cup it only has 120 calories and 3 grams of fat.  How can you feel guilty about that?  And what I love most about this stuff is that I don't feel like I'm sacrificing.  There are lots of cookie dough chunks and chocolate chips and honestly, I can't tell the difference between this and the real stuff.  Patrick says he can, but I've got him eating this without complaints, so I think he's lying.  We also like the Peanut Butter Cup flavor and the Mint Chocolate Chip flavor.

 

And don't you love our little ice cream bowls?  My mom and I just had to stop at the Crate and Barrel outlet in Kittery on our way up.  I found these for 95 cents!  I like that they're on the small side so they keep portion sizes in control.

I also bought these cute vases while I was there.  These are the accent colors I want in my kitchen after we get married (we don't really have a choice right now).  And I was happy to see that my plants weren't completely dead.  In fact, my African Violet is in bloom!


What a nice thing to come home to!  Hope you all have been having a lovely weekend.  I'm off to run 4 miles!

1 comment:

  1. That is definitely my favorite kind of ice cream- and honestly, I like it better than full fat ice cream now. I highly recommend the "Fudge Tracks" flavor- it has peanut butter cups and fudge- still really low fat- amazing!

    In the book I mentioned on my blog so far they have not come outright and said exactly how many calories people need- they mentioned that it will depend on the person, they more do not want you to suddenly cut from 2000 to 1500. They actually recommend not changing your calories and start the program, then after evaluate if you have lost or gain weight- if you for some reason gain, then you cut *some* calories, but not 500 at a time. I think my problem is, I'll eat 1500 calories one day, but then on the weekend when I might go out to dinner etc, I'm more up at 2000 or perhaps a little more. It's never consistent- which is probably fine but it makes it hard for me to know how much I 'can" have each day!

    ReplyDelete