Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Operation: Fit Into Wedding Dress!

Well, we're officially less than four months away from our wedding.  I'm still rather calm about the whole thing, except maybe my dress.  It's due to come in next month, but I won't get to try it on until I'm home from Maine at the beginning of Maine.  I'm nervous about it fitting.  What bride isn't nervous about that?  In particular, I know I'm up a couple of pounds since I ordered it (dang holidays!).  So I have begun Operation: Fit Into Wedding Dress.

I was really good last week.  I exercised every day and stayed on track with the eating.  And what did the scale say?  I lost nothing.  At all.  And if we want to get technical about it, it says that I'm up 0.2 lbs.  Clearly, I'm not doing enough.  So here are my goals for this week:
  • Workout 6 days
  • Step up the intensity of my workouts
  • Eat at least 3 servings of fruits and veggies a day
I just have to get myself focused and on track.  Having my wedding dress fit is certainly good motivation.  I also need some accountability, which is why I'm posting here.  What kinds of things do you do to stay motivated?  How do you stay accountable?  Any other words of wisdom?

5 comments:

  1. just fitting into anything gets me motivated, especially if it were a wedding dress.

    i know you're gonna do great, and you may even have to take that dress in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My scale keeps me accountable. I'd rather run than see a number I won't like. Also, signing up for races and the like keep me moving. That dress would do wonders for me. It's an endpoint. A goal. And I don't like to not get my goal. You'll do it and look stunning on your wedding day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried keeping a food journal? I know that when I did that for a while this fall it really made a difference. I thought twice about all my "tastes, licks, and bites" because they all went into the food journal and add up fast!

    Don't be too hard on yourself if the numbers on the scale don't change as fast or as much as you would like. Listen to your body, pay attention to how you feel - hunger-wise and how your clothes are fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am right with you! My wedding is in less that 4 months and I am also a little panicky about my dress. I am just trying to stay on track with exercising and eating as many "whole" foods as possible. I think the fear of having to shop for a new dress weeks before the wedding keeps me motivated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the exact same position as you- although I did try on my dress and it zipped...but I could use to lose the few pounds I gained since I was fitted for it. For me the biggest thing is checking my portion sizes. I don't eat anything terrible for me but too much of anything is never good. I think the food journal idea might be a good one...

    ReplyDelete