- People who text on their phones while walking or driving - Seriously, it can't wait? Texting and driving is just dangerous. But texting and walking is just annoying. I watch these people weave around as the walk and stare at their phones. It just looks silly. Besides, they could probably just call the person and say what they need to say in about 2 minutes as opposed to the 10 minute texting conversation they're having.
- Groups of people who walk two or three abreast on the sidewalk and make no room for you when you're coming from the other direction - This drives me crazy. Like, you can't see me coming? Half the time I end up walking in the road or mud because people can't step behind their friends for the 15 seconds it takes me to pass.
- People who feel entitled - My roommate has this problem. He feels that his parents should buy him a car because he crashed his first one or that his parents should pay his college tuition and bring him groceries. Don't get me wrong, my parents help me out and I'm very grateful, but I don't expect them to do any of it. This kid has never worked a job in his life, hence the problem. It's just kind of pitiful and he's in for quite the wake up call.
- People with out a sense of humor - I had to chat with the head of the math department yesterday. Besides the fact that he wasn't even nice to me, he had no sense of humor. It's just not worth it to be that serious all the time. Lighten up. Laugh a little. Personally, I love to laugh and have a good time. And guess what? I still work hard and get everything done that I need to.
- Mud season - here in Maine we don't have spring. We have mud season. It sucks. Last week, I fell into the mud. Not pretty. And to make it worse, we were teased with one nice week of warmer weather and the spring flowers started coming up. Then it got cold and the frost killed all the flowers. Bummer.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
I'm not sure why, but I've been collecting a list of my pet peeves in my head for the last few days. It must be the rainy weather. I decided I'd share.