Friday, March 12, 2010

Wedding Detail Overload

I planned on doing a San Fransisco recap post, but that will have to wait since I thought I had my camera cord here in NH, but I don't.  Instead, I plan on torturing you with all the things I've been getting done for the wedding.  Although, if you're like me, it's not torture.  I love doing it all and Patrick jokes that I shouold drop out of school and become a wedding planner.  Oh how I wish...  Anyway, on to the pictures!
First thing that got accomplished while I was home was getting dresses for the moms.  My mom is on the left and Patrick's mom is on the right.  We all went shopping together and had lunch and made a day of it.  I'm glad everyone found something that they like and they were comfortable with (both with fit and price).  It was a nice day out.
I also got my invitations put together.  I made them myself and was really happy how they came out.  I could justify spending a few hundred dollars on something people were just going to throw out anyway.  In total, I think I spent less than $100 doing them myself.  It did take more time, but I think it was worth it.
I also made our cardbox.  This was one of the few things Patrick had an opinion on.  He really wanted to use a mailbox as the cardbox.  I had almost bought something else to use as the cardbox and he actually complained about it and said he thought we were using a mailbox.  How could I say no after that?  So I spruced it up a bit and I think it's a cute touch.
While shopping with my mom, I also found some cute sandals for the reception.  I have nicer shoes for the ceremony, but my feet don't like nice shoes.  Not for very long anyway.  So I plan on wearing these when I hit the dance floor:
The other day my grandmother and aunt came over and we made the ring bearer pillows.  Call me old fashioned, but I really enjoy sewing and I enjoyed making these.  I love how they came out.  My little cousins will be so cute carrying these.  Hopefully they don't beat each other up with them or otherwise. 
Patrick's wedding band is on order and I already have mine.  It's so hard not to wear it because it's so pretty.  I'm planning on having them soldered together before the wedding so it's a set.  I can't wear the band by itself because it looks funny and I'm a little anal retentive about things being lined up, so I think having them fixed together is a good choice.
Finally, I'll give you a little sneak peak of my dress.  It's due to come in soon, but I won't be able to see it until I'm home in April.  I'll put it up because Patrick doesn't read this (and if you happen to be, look away NOW!).  Besides, I'm not going to show you the whole thing anyway, just the back.  This is the sample, but mine is going to be the same exact size and color.  Obviously the straps will need to be shortened, but other than that it fits pretty dang good.
Alright, I'm done now.  I just love seeing all the pieces starting to come together and I can't help wanting to share.  Hope you all have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. you can be my planner :)

    i want to make my own inivtations too but im not sure where to begin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of checks off the list for you! Nicely done. Your dress looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are on a roll with wedding planning! I love that you made your own invitations, even if it is a bit more time consuming. I would probably do the same! The mailbox idea is great, way to go Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, looks like a lot of great stuff! Now seems to be crunch time for us! What else should I be doing that I am forgetting about? I do need to get my wedding band!

    Agree with your comment too- do what makes you happy :)

    ReplyDelete