Sunday, March 14, 2010

Home

Well, after two weeks of being in NH, I am happily back in Maine.  I rained for most of the ride up, which kind of sucked, but I wasn't driving and I was traveling with other people, which always helps to pass the time.  I've also been looking forward to coming back because I knew I would have a lot of mail waiting for me.  Can I just say that I LOVE mail?  Like, a little too much.  I've got some great stuff to review and other things to share as well as my San Fransisco recap that I'm planning on doing tomorrow!

It just feels good to be back in my own space.  I'm really starting to get accustomed to being on my own and it's hard for me to go home where I now have to live be someone else's rules again.  It's hard to bounce between two worlds like that.  To go from making your own rules to having someone else make them for you is not an easy transition.  Not having Patrick around doesn't make it any easier. 

Granted, we have spent a lot of time apart during our relationship.  He's a year older so he went off to college while I was finishing my senior year of high school.  It was really tough to be apart all the time, but we stuck it out and we made it.  And I'm so glad we did.  But I still hate being apart for anything longer than a week.  I just suck at it.  I'll be the first to admit that I start getting really grumpy when we're apart.  As soon as we're together again, my mood improves by 100%.  That's how I know that home for me is really wherever he is.  We're going to be living in a tiny apartment without a lot of money to spare, but I don't care.  I'm just looking forward to having a place we can truly call our own; home.

No comments:

Post a Comment