Thursday, July 8, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  I'm getting married in 9 days!!!  Are you sick of hearing about this yet?  Too bad.  I'm going to keep talking about it while I can.  I'm definitely starting to get more excited about it.  I think I've been hesitant to get too excited about the whole thing because I don't want to feel let down when the day comes.  But something tells me that no matter what happens, I won't be let down.  Besides, I've put way too much time and effort into this day for it to not meet my expectations.

And no, I'm not nervous.  I think about the things that could go wrong, but then I just don't think about it anymore.  I figure what's going to happen is going to happen, so why bother worrying about it?  I'm more nervous about being able to pay our bills after the wedding.  But I'm not worried about the wedding itself or our relationship.

2.  It's an official heat wave (over 90 degrees for 3 or more consecutive days) here.  I think we're on day 6 now.  I like summer and warm weather, but I'm ready for it to cool down just a little bit.  More than anything, it's the humidity that's killing us.  It zaps all my energy (read: lack of exercising) and make me want to consume copious amounts of ice cream.  You can imagine how that's working out.

3.  If I have to take another trip to Michael's (local craft store), I'm going to go nuts.  Usually, I love this store.  I like to scrapbook and crochet and stuff and that's were I get all my supplies.  But lately, all my trips there have been for the wedding.  And every time I think I'm done, I realize that I need just one more thing.  It's like a bad addiction.  I look forward to shopping there when this wedding is over and I can enjoy it again.

2 comments:

  1. Your wedding will be here before you know it! I have a friend getting married that weekend as well!

    Sorry to hear about the heat wave. Sending some cool breezes from Nodak your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I totally know what you mean about Michaels, I took Eric with me so he forced me to leave before I bought too much haha.

    Now I wish my wedding was 9 days away so I would have a better chance to have nice weather haha. Do you think we should tape signs to our back that say, "No I am not nervous" haha.

    ReplyDelete