Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome July & Some New Goals

Wow, July already.  The year is already half over.  And I'm getting married this month.  Holy cow has the time flown by.  We got our marriage license yesterday and we only have a few small things to finish up.  We'll be hitched before you know it. 

And now to recap my April-June Goals and to set some new ones.  For all you new readers, I decided at the beginning of the year that I would set a few goals every three months instead of making a whole list of resolutions at the beginning of the year that I knew I probably wouldn't keep.

April - June Goals
~Finish the first triathlon of the season. - Check!  In fact, I've already done my second tri of the season as well.  Did you miss the recap?  You can find it HERE.
~Lose at least 10 pounds. - Yeah, this didn't happen.  At all.  Oh well.  My dress is now altered to fit me perfectly so I'm just trying to maintain my weight until the big day.  I kind of knew this wouldn't happen.  I guess I should have been a bit more realistic.
~Try to stay calm through the end of the semester and through wedding planning. - Really, things have continued to come along quite smoothly.  Minus a couple of minor (and I mean minor) aggravations, things have gone great.  I think my poor mother is more nervous than I am.
~Manage my money better. - This is hard when you have wedding things to pay for, but in general we've been trying harder to be careful with our money.  Because I did a crappy job of setting goals and this one isn't really quantifiable, it's hard to say what managing my money better would look like.  All I know it that we're back at work and we have money in the bank again.  So I'm calling it good.
 
July - September Goals
~Get married and get a major haircut. - Ok, so this one is kind of cheating, but I'm using it.  I can't wait to get my haircut post-wedding.  I started growing my hair out when we got engaged and I'm ready for a change.  I promise some before and after pictures when it's done.
~Start tracking my food again (at least 5 days a week). - I think tracking is a great way to stay in check and I haven't been doing it for awhile.  I'm trying to be realistic in my goal, so I'm excluding the week before and after my wedding.  I am NOT tracking on my honeymoon because that trip is all-inclusive baby and I plan on getting my money's worth.
~Start half-marathon training (again). - I really wanted to do a half back in March and I started training for it.  I felt like I was ready for it and I followed a training plan.  But after a month and a half of training I felt like I was going to injure myself so I stopped.  I want to try again and see how it goes.  I plan to start in August, with my sights set on a potential race in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment