Thursday, December 2, 2010

Positives & Negatives of the Holidays

So I started this post once already and then deleted it all.  It was way too Debbie Downer for this time of year, and really, who cares how stressed out I am?  So I thought another positives and negatives post was in order.  I've done this once before and I think it's a great way to vent a little, but still find the silver lining to the situation.

Negative:  The holidays are becoming stressful and less enjoyable because we spend what little time we're home running around visiting family.  We often don't have time to ourselves and that makes me a little sad because Patrick and I have so little time together because our schedules are opposite.
Positive:  We are blessed with an amazing family whom we love dearly.  And I really do enjoy spending time with them.  It's just the running around that gets me.

Negative:  This time of year also brings the end of semester stress.  Paper, and finals, and projects, oh my!  There is just way too much to be done in far to little time.  You would not want to see my to do list right now.  It's insane.
Positive:  Two weeks from today I will be completely done with this semester.  I will be home and back at work for a few weeks stashing some dough.  I'm lucky to have a job over the holidays and I'm looking forward to taking some time to relax and get back to exercising!

Negative:  I'm bumming about the tight budget we're on this year.  I almost love giving gifts more than getting them.  And I also love shopping.  So the holidays are usually the best of both worlds.  However, money is tight and that means getting crafty.  Literally.
Positive:  I've been blessed with some level of craftiness and I'm able to provide, what I think, are lovely homemade gifts for friends and family (I promise to post pictures after the holidays, but some of my readers are going to be recipients of those gifts!).  Although crafting takes more time, it really is worth it when someone likes what you've made and you were able to stick to your budget.

Phew!  I feel better now.  Thanks for listening and happy almost weekend!

1 comment: