Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lurkers Come Out of Lurkdom!

Hello to all my new friends and followers!  Welcome!  I'm so glad that you've all joined me.  Really, I do appreciate all of you who read and comment (or just read) regularly.  Knowing that other people, other than my mother, are reading is a really great feeling.  Blogging has been such a great outlet for me and has definitely helped to keep me on a healthy path.  I thought it might be good to share my story for those of you who are new (or for those that need a refresher).  And I have a small challenge for you at the end.

I began blogging almost two years ago (blog-iversary next week, celebration with giveaways to come!).  Soon after I started blogging I got engaged and began training for my first triathlon.  The start of triathlon training for me signified the beginning of my running regularly.  I was a swimmer in high school and desperately needed some consistent activity in my life after trying to help start a rowing team in college.  In August of 2009 I completed my first triathlon and I was hooked.  Through training I also lost about 20 pounds.

Returning to school that fall also began the return of the weight, although I continued to run.  In fact, I realized that running is something I really enjoy.  This was the first time I ever ran throughout the winter months.  In the summer of 2010, I completed triathlon #2 and #3.  I also got married (pictures HERE, HERE, & HERE)!  Unfortunately, I let my wedding and my honeymoon derail me from healthy living.  And honestly, I didn't get my act together until very recently.  I am now back at Weight Watchers and proud to say that I am exercising regularly.  I set some lofty goals for 2011, but I know I'll get there.  Especially with all the support I get from the blog world.

I am looking forward to graduating in May with a degree in chemistry and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a full time position.  My husband, Patrick, and I are currently living in Maine while I finish school and are originally from New Hampshire.  Not only do I love running and training for triathlons, I also love to read, crochet, and scrapbook.

So for you newbies, welcome!  To those that have been around for awhile, thank you for returning.  I leave you with a small challenge/favor.  Would you all leave a comment and let me know you're here?  Tell me about yourself or ask me a question you'd like me to answer on the blog.  I know you're out there!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carly! I love your blog. I am looking forward to following all the adventures that 2011 brings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started reading your blog when I was googling feverishly for the Healthy High 5k 2010 results (it was my first 5k, and I wanted oh so desperately to find our my official time), and I came across your funny entry about a woman with a stroller, whose blog I was already following (and she also happened to be my high school creative writing teacher!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carly. I started reading your blog because I am from NH too, and like reading some fellow New Englanders blogs to keep in touch with my roots :) I now live in Charlotte, NC, but try to make it up to New England about once a year.
    I'm inspired by your triathlons! I'm a big runner, but haven't done any tri's. I mainly worry about the swim portion because I have never swum competitively and have no idea how I'd be at it (I can swim though). Maybe you could give some competitive swimming tips for newbies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well hello! I'm a newbie triathlete from FL! I've done two sprints so far & I want to finish my first Olympic distance sometime this year. I struggle the most w/ swimming - I actually never "swam" (the real way) until January 2010! Here's to a great year of training!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carly! I love your blog as well, makes me wish that I didn't hate to run. I can't wait until you are back in NH full time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. See I'm not the only one reading !!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carly! I am actually a brand new reader...I just found your blog 2 mins ago via post on another blog. You mentioned Maine and I had to check it out! Im in Southern Maine!

    Looking forward to following your jouney and hopefully your tri schedule will bring you this way :) We have some fun ones

    ReplyDelete