Monday, January 17, 2011

Weekend Things

Patrick and I did a track workout again on Sunday.  We warmed up for .5 miles and then did .1 walk/ .1 run (fast) ten times with a .5 mile cool down.  Total miles: 3.0  Total Time: 38ish minutes.  Awesome, considering we walked half of the miles.  The legs felt really good and we were able to hold strong on the run laps.  We were trying to push it and go fast.  I really want to work on my 5K time, so I know I need to work on speed.  Patrick is just trying to work on getting back to running regularly and I may have convinced him to run a 5K with me in April!

I also tested out my new running skirt yesterday.  I am in love!  This thing is quite possibly the most comfortable (and the cutest!) piece of running gear I own.  My only complaint is that I ordered the size based on my pant size and it seems a little big.  And since I'm in the process of losing weight, I might have to buy another one or else mine will be falling down.  But I love it!  I can't say that I will be running out and buying any at full price, but I will keep my eye on the sale page (or I will gladly accept them as gifts)!  You can find Running Skirts HERE.

 One of my goals for 2011 was to read 25 books this year.  For those who are interested, I'm going to share the books here.  I stayed up until 1:30 in the morning finishing this book (oops!) on Saturday.  I should mention that I am someone that can sit down and read for hours on end if the book is good.  I really love to read. 

My first book of 2011 was Atonement.  I really enjoyed the book and plan on watching the movie soon, although I have heard it's not nearly as good as the book.  I have a hard time summarizing the book without giving it away, so I don't want to say too much, but I may have cried a little at the end.  Any recommendations for my next read?

Stay tuned this week!  I have at least 2, if not 3 giveaways coming up!

5 comments:

  1. If you haven't read the Stieg Larsson books yet, you MUST! I read 'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' this summer. A bit slow to start, but gripping once you get into it. And, I just tore through the second one, 'The Girl who Played with Fire.' Loved them! Otherwise, I'm going for 'Little Women and Werewolves' sometime soon. Those monster ones are fun (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters) ;)

    And, I have a knit cactus for you. Hopefully you can take delivery from your brother :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next RS has free shipping use the runningmouth code from my blog and get 15% off!
    I love to read but haven't been doing much of it lately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atonement is one of my all time favorite books and movies! I hope you love the movie and what a great goal for the year (it's close to one of mine, too).

    ReplyDelete