Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back Into the Swing of Things

I have returned to Maine for the final push before graduation.  I drove up on Friday and have been spending the weekend getting settled back in and catching up with Patrick.  Since I haven't heard anything from the doctor's office regarding my issue, I assume that there is nothing wrong with me and I'm easing back into exercising after a week off.

Patrick and I hit the gym yesterday, but it didn't go so well.  We usually run on the track, but yesterday there were youth basketball games going on on the basketball courts below.  I hate to be a sourpuss, but we pay a lot of money for memberships there and the fact that the YMCA comes to play their championships at our gym instead of at the YMCA down the road really ticks me off.  I mean, they're not paying to be there and they take over the court so Patrick can't shoot hoops.  Aggravating.  Anyway, the loud whistles, cheering, and buzzers were giving me a headache and I wasn't feeling so well so I called it quits after 1.3 miles.  We tried to cycle for a bit, but that didn't go so great either.

This morning I knew I wanted to try and redeem myself and get out for a longer run outside.  I woke up to a fairly mild Maine morning.  It was about 41* when I headed out around 1pm.  It was cloudy, but nice.  And being outside is so much better than that dang track.  The bike path is now entirely clear (yay for melting snow!!!).  I got three miles done, without walking, in 36:24 minutes.  That's a 12:06 min/mile.  I feel like my running is starting to return to normal and I felt pretty comfortable out there. 

So that's what I spent my weekend doing.  Well that and unpacking and replacing Patrick's junk food with healthy food.  Now I'm prepping myself for the fact that I have to go into school tomorrow and finish my thesis.  I'm defending on April 15th and it's coming fast!  How was everyone's weekend?

1 comment:

  1. im glad that running is going back to normal for you! it always feels great to finally get outdoors instead of being confined to a treadmill or indoor track.

    ReplyDelete