Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2011 Racing Schedule

I've been holding off on creating a racing schedule because I wanted to spend the first three months of the year focusing on losing a few pounds (8 gone so far!) and getting back into an exercise routine after a lousy few months.  March is now almost half way over so I've begun to think about races I want to do.  I'm not registering for them all just yet because I'll need to wait to see how money and our living situation shakes out post graduation.  Anyway, here's what I've got so far.

4/20 - Healthy High 5K 
This is a great run around my college campus.  I did it last year and there's nothing like a home turf advantage.  And it's free to register.  I technically have class until 5pm that day, but I'm going to try and get out early enough for the 4:20 race start.

5/8 - The Medical Center 6K
I did this one a long time ago.  Like in middle school.  My time was lousy.  I didn't train at all.  It's on Mother's Day so it's something nice to do with my mom and I know this would be an easy PR.
 
6/9 - Hollis Fast 5K 
I also did this one last year.  And loved it.  I mean, the course is practically downhill the whole way.  What's not to love?  And if things go accordingly, this could be my chance to PR in the 5K this year, which is one of my goals for 2011.

6/12 - Greater Nashua Y Tri 
This race is another repeat offender.  I really need to redeem myself from last year's race.  I walked most of the run.  True, the heat was a factor, but I could have been better prepared.  I really liked the course (pretty flat) and I'm hoping for a better time this year.

7/24 - Danskin Women's Triathlon
This race has been on my radar since I started doing triathlons.  I didn't want it to be my first race because it's a big race.  And last year didn't work out because it was going to be the weekend after my wedding (turns out it ended up being in September, but I was in Maine anyway).  This year should be a go.  And I'm really excited about it.  It's an all women race that I've heard really great things about it and I'm always up for something new.

10/10 - Tufts Health Plan 10K for Women
I did this race two years ago.  It's another all women race and it's probably the biggest race I've been in.  The energy was great and I really love the distance.  I'd like to get my running base up so I can do this again.  Plus it's fun to race in Boston!

That's it for now, although I want to do a third triathlon this season.  Any suggestions?  I may be considering a half-marathon for the fall depending on how this weight loss thing goes.  Any good half marathons in the greater New England area you'd like to recommend?

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the weight loss so far :)
    I hope I can do the Tufts 10K with you, I always want to do it and then without fail something comes up and I can't.

    ReplyDelete