Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Making a Comeback

Whoops!  I suppose I didn't meant to ignore you for so long, but it happened.  I hope you can all forgive me.  It's a new year, so we can all start fresh, right?  In a nutshell, here are all the things I failed to tell you about:

1.  After finding out about my giant cyst, I ended up having it out via emergency surgery about a month before it was scheduled to come out.  Luckily, having it out made me feel a lot better than I did with it in and with it out, I turned out to be 11 pounds lighter (talk about the best week at Weight Watchers ever!).  I was back to work within 5 days.  Isn't modern medicine amazing?

2.  In mid-November the high school swim season began with me as the assistant coach!  This is totally an exciting new experience for me.  I mostly work with swimmers who have never swum before (that's right - high school swimming is one of the few sports you can walk on to without any experience!).  It's very rewarding to see the progress that they are making every day.

3.  I joined a new gym in the town I'm teaching in.  That way I can stop and get my workout in before heading home for the night.  I'm really enjoying all the new things that I'm getting to try.  I've been doing a spinning class regularly, and I've also been trying and intervals class and Bodypump.  And just tonight I tried a kickboxing class.  I really think this variety will help keep me going through the winter.

4.  I completed another all homemade Christmas.  That included making 6 blankets, 2 pairs of mittens, a pair of handwarmers, 2 sets of dishclothes, 3 pieces of painted pottery, a pair of earrings, 2 necklace and earring sets, and countless peanut butter cups and chocolate covered pretzels.  Can you see why I haven't had any time for blogging???  Hop over to my other blog to see some of my homemade goods!

Anyway, I'm going to try and make my comeback in 2012.  I'm getting back to blogging and back to triathlon-ing (I didn't get to race at all in 2011). :-(

So, dill me in on what's going on in your world.  I've been trying to keep an eye on all your blogs even though I haven't been commenting, but fill me in anyway!

5 comments:

  1. Holy moly an 11lb cyst!!!! I am glad you were able to take care of it. I love the idea of an all homemade Christmas....only I have no talent. :p

    I am trying to make a come back into the world of blogging too.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A LOT has been going on with you! I can't believe all that you made for Christmas!

    Nothing too interesting going on with me :) I would love to do another tri this year if my knee would agree with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad the surgery went well. Hope you're having an amazing year so far. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's Link Up!
    http://triladieslinkup.blogspot.com/
    We are just getting starting and reaching out to the Top 125 tri blogs!

    Ck out site to add yourself to "The List".


    To get the ball moving... we will be having a giveaway to kick off things! A $25 VISA Gift Card and $15 iTunes card to be drawn at the end of the month. Adding your Blog is your entry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog and want to say thank you! What an enjoyable time looking
    through so many Entertainment sites. Thanks for sharing
    Amazon Coupons code
    Jabong Coupons 2018
    Indian Gifts Portal Coupons
    Pepperfry Coupons Code

    ReplyDelete