Thursday, January 22, 2009

Crew

Tonight was our recruiting session for the Crew Club. In just over a year this team has been formed. Starting completely from scratch we have collected two eight-person boats and a set of oar to go with one boat. We have gotten two single-person boats with oars as well as a coach's launch and two rowing machines (for indoor practices). Although we sill have a very long way to go, it is amazing to see how far we've come. It was great to see a new group of enthusiastic faces that want to join our team. It certainly helps spread the work out and helps get us to our goals faster.
We actually were able to get out on the water for the first time this past fall. It was great to see our hard work pay off. For your viewing pleasure, below is a photo of me on our first time out on the water. I have only rowed in an eight-person boat before (where there is only one oar per person) so it was interested to try to adjust to having two oars to manage! Hopefully there will be more pictures like this in the spring, but in our larger boats!



1 comment:

  1. Ahhh I remember when I was in my first skull... I went in circles. Oh your pic makes me sad... I want to get into the water again!!!

    ReplyDelete