Friday, May 29, 2009

My Favorite Running Gear

When I go running, I'm a little picky about what I wear and what I take with me. So I thought I'd share my favorite running things.

This is my new running outfit from Nike. We stopped at the Kittery outlets on our way home from the wedding and I bought this. The shorts are nice because they are a bit longer than normal running shorts. The top is lightweight and a bit stretchy (always good!). It's super comfortable and it's a $66 outfit that I got for $22. Please also note that this outfit is color coordinated. There's nothing wrong with trying to look nice while you're out running!
These are my current running shoes made by Saucony. I have a hard time finding running shoes that are comfortable and that last. I have really flat feet so I break them down really fast. So far, so good with these though.

This, I just bought. I decided that I needed a stopwatch for my triathlon training. A lot of the runs are certain amounts of time instead of distances so I needed something that I could use to time myself. Nothing too fancy. I got it at Target for $10.

This is my running hat. I think I like this thing a little too much. It's really light and has lots of ventilation. I like to keep the sun off my face, but I hat wearing regular hats because they trap all the heat in there and then my head feels like it's going to explode! No good! I won this in a giveaway at the Gate City Striders Trail Race series last summer. They are the local running club.

And of course, I could not embark on a run without some tunes! I love my iPod and the armband that I got to go with it. It holds that sucker in place so I can jam out for my whole run. It's a little heavy because I have a large iPod, but I think it's worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment