Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hiking in Acadia

One of the things that I feel like I don't take advantage enough of around here is the hiking. Acadia National Park is about an hour from campus and I went hiking there yesterday for the first time. It turned out to be a beautiful, sunny fall day. And the leaves are just starting to change, so we got to see some color. I would love to go back in another week or two to see peak foliage season. I will say that this hiking was probably some of the easiest hiking I've ever done, but it was enjoyable. This first picture is of the lake that we walked around before breaking onto some trails.This is the view on the way up the North Nubble Trail.This is me with my friend Jen. She's one of my bridesmaids. Last year she lived down the hall from me and we're neighbors again this year!This is the signpost for the top of the trail. The elevation was only 827 feet, but the views were still great.This is the view from the other side. Out on the horizon is the ocean. It was so pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment