Monday, October 5, 2009

Getting Nervous

School really has a nasty habit of getting in the way of my good intentions of exercise. On Friday I went to the pool and swam some laps to clear my head a bit. And then I didn't do anything over the weekend. The weather was crappy and I had homework, which are really lame excuses, I know. I did get this week off to a good start, though. I did a 3.1 mile jog this morning and and I did it in my fastest time ever. It was only 8 seconds faster than my previous time, but I'll take what I can get!

However, I'm a little nervous for my first 10K race that is 1 week from today! My plan of attack is to run at least twice more this week as well as getting some yoga in so that I'm nice and stretched out. I'll probably bike once over the weekend and then rest on Sunday so I have fresh legs for Monday. I should admit that I'm also excited for this race because I can't wait to tell people that I've finished a 10K. I'm such a brat, I know.

On another note, I found a 5K and a triathlon that UMaine hosts at the end of October that I'm looking into signing up for. I've been off the triathlon training plan for awhile, but I'm pretty confident I can get things together enough to do the race. Besides, I think triathlons are more fun then just running.

No comments:

Post a Comment