Saturday, October 24, 2009

Happy National Chemistry Week!

So for those of you who don't know I'm am a Chemistry major. This week I got to blog on the UMaine website about our National Chemistry Week activities. It's kind of cool because the post is featured on our school's website. You can check out the post here.

In running news, I was going to do a 5K this weekend, but that didn't pan out. See, at our school we have intramural sports that are free to participate in. When I found out that we were having a Black Bear 5K I was excited because it was an intramural I actually wanted to participate in. I went to sign up and found out that it was $12 to register. I asked why it wasn't free for students and the guy was like "we have to offset the cost of the race." I get that, but here in Maine, our road races are VERY low key and I don't even want the t-shirt. I just wanted to run and be timed. So I'm not participating out of protest (and because I literally don't have the $12 to spare). Anyway, it's raining out now so I'm extra glad I didn't sign up. Because I'm a wuss and I don't like running in the rain.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment