Sunday, November 1, 2009

Glad To Be Home

After a very long bus ride (11 hours!) I returned from Washington D.C. this morning. I was attending the National Collegiate Honors Council Conference, which changes location year to year. The nice part is that our university's Honors College pays for this trip almost in its entirety minus a few meals The bad part is that the location was "close enough" to drive instead of fly. This choice ultimately saves us money, but it took us 15 hours to get down there on Wednesday and then we drove back over night last night, which saved us a bunch of time (and I was able to sleep through most of the ride).

The conference was good, but I thought last year's was better. There wasn't a lot of sessions that sounded interesting and some of the ones I went to were just disappointing. Our hotel was super fancy which meant the wireless internet and the gym both cost money to use (Boooo!).  And I pretty much missed Halloween in its entirety. Needless to say, I was anxious to get home and see the boy. And even though I came home to a dirty bathroom and a sink full of dishes, I sure was glad to be back in Maine! More conference recap tomorrow with pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment