Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sweet Socks!

On Sunday I went on my first run in about a week and a half (since my trip to Washington).  While some people think taking a break is really helpful, I on the other hand, disagree.  It was a miserable run.  It was a beautiful day out, in the mid 50s, which is quite warm considering the weather we've been having.  Enter mistake number one: I wore leggings and a long sleeve t-shirt.  Completely unnecessary!  I should've worn shorts and a regular t-shirt.  So I started out moving right along.  Enter mistake number two: I started out way too fast.  After just ten minutes I was dying and needed to walk.  I continued the rest of my run by walking every 5-10 minutes.  Anyway, I did about 3 miles and it took me about 33 minutes.

However, my socks were wonderful!  I recently won a giveaway put on I Run Like A Girl (oh how I love winning!) for two pairs of Drymax socks.  Check them out:

I'm really excited about the winter running socks because it's really starting to get cold here in Maine and I've decided that I want to keep up my running through the winter.  And here are the socks on my feet:


I was actually a little worried that they wouldn't fit because they are a size mediums and I have huge feet (size 11, in case you don't believe me).  Luckily, they fit great!  The promise of these socks is that you will be blister free and your feet will stay nice and dry.  Now, I've never had a problem with blisters so I can't attest to that part of the promise, but I will say that these are some pretty darn nice socks!  I was impressed.  I noticed a difference from my regular cotton socks.  I had read that runners should really invest in good socks, but I couldn't see spending tons of money on socks.  These are worth it.   I will be asking for more for Christmas (hint, hint!).  I highly recommend giving them a try!  Happy running!

No comments:

Post a Comment