Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Washington D.C. 2009


So now, as promised, I have pictures from my trip.  First, I'll start with the lovely hotel we stayed in.  And it really was lovely, but it was so expensive!  Thank goodness we didn't have to pay for the rooms!  But it meant the internet and even the gym cost $10 per day each!  I went running outside instead.  To the left is a picture taken from the lobby.  And yes, we were inside.  The second picture is the piano in the middle of the fountain.  Clever, isn't it?  We took our group picture on it and thankfully we didn't get in trouble!And here I am with two of my lovely roomies!  We had so much fun hanging out and watching TV together at night.  We laughed a lot!

The first day I was in town, I went over to Catholic University of America to visit my friend Katelyn and to ask her to be a bridesmaid (she said yes!).  They have a beautiful basilica on campus, as seen below.  Here is the basilica, the alter, and one of the many shrines off the the sides.


We went into Geortown and just went shopping, although we only bought ice cream.  He're me at the mall:

I feel like I should say that this is not the first time I've been to D.C. which is why I didn't spend a ton of time sightseeing.  I'm also not telling you everything I did, otherwise we'd be here all day!  I did, however, get to try a couple of nice restaurants, see the Capitol Steps perform at the conference (love them!), and bond with some fellow Honors students.  There were definitely some ups and downs to the trip, but overall it was an enjoyable experience.   And finally, I'd like to leave you with a beautiful picture of the Capitol building at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment