Monday, March 15, 2010

San Fransisco Recap

I hope you're all ready for tons of pictures of my awesome trip to San Fransisco.  I hope I don't make you too jealous.  ;-)
One of the first things we did was ride the trolley car.  This was actually one of my favorite parts of the trip!  
You could really see how intense all the hills were.  I was also surprised by how closely all the houses were packed together.  I've never seen anything like it.
Of course we visited the Golden Gate Bridge and we got to go be the Painted Ladies, which are the houses you see on the opening credits of the show Full House. 
 We also went up to Napa Valley and did a wine tasting at one of the vineyards.  It was so pretty out there!
I got to see the Pacific Ocean for the first time.  To bad it's not a good place for swimming.
I was also really impressed by the kinds of flowers that grow out there that we can't here.  In particular, calla lillies are abundant, which are one of my favorites.
I think that's enough for now.  I'll try to include a few more at the end of my posts throughout the week.  Hope you all had a good Monday!

4 comments:

  1. i love calla's too. i want that for my bouquet. but my coworker was all like thats a funeral flower. i told her I dont care, i love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics. I have never been to California, yet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh wine tasting in Napa. That definitely would have been my favorite part of the trip :) I love California! My mom lives outside of San Fran (about 2 hours north) and one of my besties lives in San Diego so I get out there quite a bit. I'm glad you enjoyed your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures--it looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete