Thursday, April 1, 2010

Goals

I can't believe March is already over!  Last night I was really proud of myself because after coming home from a long day and then eating dinner, I motivated myself to hit the gym.  I usually go in the morning, but I had to go to the computer lab to finish an assignment.  I had almost resigned myself to not going, but I didn't give in.  I did the bike for 25 minutes and then hit the pool for 1000 yards.  I hadn't been in the pool for awhile and I need to start going more often!  My first triathlon is in a month and a half!

Back in January I decided that I wasn't going to make a list of New Year's resolutions that I knew I wouldn't keep.  Instead, I picked a few goals for the first three months of the year.  Well, the first three months of the year are over, so it's time to revisit those goals and set some new ones!

January-March Goals
~Get back into the routine of working out regularly. - Minus the few weeks I took off, I did really well with this one.  I've been hitting the gym and running regularly. 
~Post more pictures. - Check!  I've been much better about getting pictures on my posts.  I know that I enjoy looking at pictures so I really want to try to keep this up.  I guess you guys would be better judges on whether or not I met this goal.
~Try new recipes. - Another check.  I bought a cookbook and found a few that I really like that I've added to my repertoire.  I've also been using the Food Network website to get recipes for when we have people over.  This is another thing that I would like to keep going.
~Complete my first half-marathon. - Nope.  Not at all.  I started training for it and realized my body wasn't ready for it.  I think the weight I put on over the holidays, which wasn't coming off was hindering some of the process.  I really would like to revisit this goal sooner rather than later.  We shall see what the future holds!

April - June Goals
~Finish the first triathlon of the season. - I'm planning on doing my first one of the season on May 16th.  If I can't afford the registration, I'm going to do it on my own, at the gym if I have to!
~Lose at least 10 pounds. - I hate to set weight goal like this, but if I don't lose 10 pounds, that dress of mine ain't gonna zip when I go to my first fitting.  Wouldn't that be embarrassing!  Besides, I also want to look great in my bathing suit when we go to Mexico.
~Try to stay calm through the end of the semester and through wedding planning. - So far I've been really lucky that my wedding planning has not really involved much drama.  I'm a little concerned that once I get home and we really need to start getting things done that the drama will arise.  I promise to keep my cool!
~Manage my money better. - I just need to be more conscious about how much I'm spending and what I'm spending it on.  With the wedding coming up, I need to be even more careful.  I plan on generally trying to spend less and only buying things we need.

2 comments:

  1. Those look like some great goals, and very attainable! I will be right behind you all the way!

    ReplyDelete